Dental care is a critical aspect of your overall health, and dental problems, if left untreated, can cause significant discomfort, pain and even loss of teeth. Apart from following routine best dental clinlic regimes and getting regular dental check-ups, you should pause to consider if your dentist is a good one. A good dentist is a lifetime commitment.
The skills of a dentist
There are several features that can make a great dentist stand out in the crowd.
- Open communication with patients: A great dentist always encourages and educates his or her patients about proper dental care habits and provides details of suggested treatments. He or she can easily explain complex procedures and processes to the patient.
- Knowledgeable and eager to learn: A great dentist is highly knowledgeable about teeth and oral hygiene, stays informed about the latest advancements in dental technology and incorporates new techniques in his or her practice.
- Welcoming attitude: A great dentist takes effort to ease the patient. He or she has an office with a warm, welcoming atmosphere, where the staff is friendly and helpful to the patients.
- Good motor skills: A great dentist is highly dexterous and can work within the small space of the mouth with a steady hand. He/She has good coordination skills, and the stamina to stand over a patient for a long period.
- Passionate about helping the needy: A great dentist often participates in community service, helping people unable to access quality dental care check-ups due to cost.Learn more about this at Invisalign Queens.
Qualifications of a dentist
Aspiring dentists are meritorious students with exemplary academic records. They complete full-time training at the dental school, and after formal qualification, undergo a period of vocational training, at which point they can choose to pursue general dentistry or specialized dentistry.
Working hours of a dentist
Practicing dentists in general maintain normal office hours, 5 days a week. However, depending on the demands of the patient(s) or unforeseen delays in the schedule, they should be willing to work over weekends or at late hours in the evening. Best Dentists, often keep flexible working hours to cater to their patients’ needs.
Is your dentist suitably employed?
The usual trend for dentists is to work in a general practice, in partnership with another dental associate or an individual business. A small percentage of dentists are employed in government hospitals or community clinics. In urban localities, major companies recruit dentists to provide dental care to their employers.